The soul feels unsafe in a frightened body. Let’s prepare your body to be a home for the soul again.
Together we breathe courage into the body, inviting it to feel pleasure within its own edges.
- Do you want to overcome past trauma and restore the honour to your body?
- Do you want more energy and a stronger libido?
- Do you want to love your body, feel more orgasmic and be a better lover?
- Do you feel shame and guilt, inadequate, flawed, or at fault due to sexual abuse or assault?
- Do you wish to have a better, more intimate relationship with your partner?
- Do you feel numb during sex but want to feel fully present in your body?
- Do you have confusion or shame about your sexual desires in your intimate relationships?
- Do you fantasize about learning more, a lot more, about your body and your sexual desire?
- Have you tried hard to overcome your trauma but still feel stuck?
- Do you want to learn to clearly say what you really want and to set firm boundaries to what you do not want?
If you said yes to any of the above, I can help you reach your goal.
A few notes about my practice:
- Men commit the majority of sexual violence or physical abuse. Most victims prefer not to work with male therapists. But if they are given the choice, some choose a male therapist to heal the wound caused by a man. This can be a very powerful experience. If you feel working with a safe man can help heal your wound, I would be honoured to accompany you on your journey.
- You may choose to attend the sessions alone, with a significant other, a chaperon, or with a support person.
- I use the following approaches in my work:
- Creative Arts Therapy approaches which include Art Therapy, Play Therapy, Sand Play Therapy, Expressive Arts Therapies, Creative Movement, and Creative Journaling.
- Psychoeducation: I give you systematic, structured, and didactic knowledge regarding your challenges and possible treatments. I help you integrate emotional and motivational aspects to enable you to cope with the challenges you face. At times I give you home-practices and exercises to deepen and maintain what you gain in our sessions.
- Inner-Child Work. Using guided visualization and creative arts approaches I help you connect with parts of your Self that were wounded in your early life.
- Talk therapy; including techniques and approaches from Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Solution-Forcused Therapy, Depth-Oriented Brief Therapy, Somatic Experiencing, to help individuals and couples of all genders approach wholeness in themselves and their relationships.
- Somatic Sex Education. This is a recent evolution in trauma-informed bodywork that was born out of Sexological Bodywork (Joseph Kramer) and the Wheel of Consent (Betty Martin). The most important tenet of the work is one-way client-guided touch. I abide by strict principles of those practices, i.e. one-way touch, offering Client-directed and client-centred bodywork when requested in full consent by the client, and holding the well-being of the client in the forefront at all times.
- Shadow Work. It is useful in the path to personal growth to recognizing, connect with, and to integrate those rejected parts of our Selves which were left behind due to overwhelming and negative early experiences. We can gently approach this work through playful and creative pathways to avoid overwhelm and re-traumatization. A proper integration of the Shadow contributes to a stronger more masterful feeling of the Self.